Here’s the readout:
Here’s what caused it:
- Two browser tabs open. FeedDemon open. No activity from me.
- I click the GMail link in Firefox – one click, nothing else
- I’m doing nothing at all. Not even moving the mouse
- I click the ‘Compose Mail’ link at GMail
- I open a browser tab to a plain HTML page
- I open another browser tab to a page that uses some flash (a small amount)
I did this because as GMail goes on, I’m noticing more and more delays and cpu usage when I click the link. I’ve no idea what technology they are using, and how much is being sent into this machine, but that graph above tops out if I have my usual several tabs + xchat + FeedDemon + winamp. More RAM could be the answer but given I’ve 700meg+ and GMail is meant for anyone anywhere ….. and it’s not just this FF beta as I’d noticed the behaviour before and it’s increasing resource hogging. Indeed with the 1.0.6 FF I was having a browser crash about 50% of the time when opening GMail. It’s not unusable, but it’s starting to get very annoying.