If you have no experience of being on the receiving end of adult mental health services in the UK, this will mean precisely nothing. If you do, I’m going to make you jealous.
My Psych today was a locum. My expectations were so low ants were strolling over them. But I was wrong:
- He had read my notes (this alone is worthy of the highest praise)
- He talked to me, not at me.
- He listened to me
- He had a plan
- He changed his plan positively after talking to me about other health issues.
- He was realistic about what needed doing, the timeline involved, the fact he was a locum and could only initiate a plan which will take months to come to fruition (hopefully)
- He agreed what needed doing in the next 2 weeks between us.
For the first time in many many months, I actually feel like there is hope for me to get my head back to normal. That will take a long time, but if it swiches the light at the end of the tunnel from being an express train to sunshine, that’s no bad thing eh ?