Story on the BBC about energy thieves being targeted because “The UK Revenue Protection Agency estimates theft costs around £350m a year, which is passed on to customers.”
Does anyone really believe this crap ?
If we believed all of them, then if everyone paid their way:
– Tesco would cut prices as shoplifters would not be stealing
– Road Tax would go down as no-one would avoid it
– TV licenses would be cheaper with no dodgers
– Insurance costs would fall because everyone would be honest
– CD’s and DVD’s would be slashed in price as piracy would not occur
Yea right …….. or do they think that by couching this news in such terms encourages us to develop that ‘twitching curtain’ habit and report on our neighbours ?
Oh yes, and it’s an estimate. Why didn’t they add £15million and go for the “£1 million lost a day !!” shocker ?