01:26 Fri 3 Mar 2006

Zen

Filed under: WWW — 01:26 Fri 3 Mar 06

My ISP. Speed doubles. Price drops by 20%. Nice. 20Gig\mo limit but that’ll be fine .. must check out usenet some more…

1. Good news on the Zen front indeed. I am currently on the 2GB connection unlimited downloads. I checked my usage for the last three months which are:- Your usage stats for February were 20GB
    Your usage stats for January were 28GB
    and from 20th till the end of December your usage was 18GB. So on those figures I guess it will be the pro account with 50GB limit and a £1.00 a gig there after. The dilemma is would I be better off staying on 2GB unlimited or move to 8GB capped 50GB, same price for both. Oh what am I to do?

Comment by joss — 09:01 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 09:01 Fri 3 Mar 06

2. Wow, 28Gig ? Do you torrent ?

Comment by Mark — 09:08 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 09:08 Fri 3 Mar 06

3. Do I torrent? oh yes:)also usenet:)But don’t forget, there are 3 pc’s here so I guess you could divide the 28Gig by 2.The other machine downloads very little :)

Comment by joss — 12:23 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 12:23 Fri 3 Mar 06

4. Jesus butt-fragging Christ! 28gig? Do you just sit there downloading DVD iso’s?

I mean… I probably COULD get through that much, but after a month or two I’d have run out of things to download… unless I decided to sync up to wiki-pedia every month or something nuts..

Comment by Gregory — 13:51 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 13:51 Fri 3 Mar 06

5. 28 gb. I probably do that in a week. Good job Telewest is uncapped.

Comment by -slh- — 14:19 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 14:19 Fri 3 Mar 06

6. I just checked – 42G over 3 months.

(D is responsible for much of that!)

Comment by Mark — 14:47 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 14:47 Fri 3 Mar 06

7. I don’t think I have any way to check, as I’m on an unlimited plan (also known as “not a rip-off” and “the way the internet should work”).

But still… I doubt I could go through that unless I was streaming all the time.

Comment by Gregory — 15:39 Fri 3 Mar 2006 @ 15:39 Fri 3 Mar 06