In September, I did a small comparison of feeds. Back then, I liked Feedster, Blogdigger got no splogs and Technorati came in third out of the four. Since then Google has popped up, so I ran a feed looking for “podz” on the 4 engines just mentioned. This is a huge image to try and show some results from FeedDemon:
- The spelling mistake in the Feedster list was present on my site for probably less than 2 minutes. They have a quick bot.
- Feedster is the only one to find the trac reference
- Feedster is the only one finding comment references
- Technorati seems to like the foreign feeds, so given that if I’m searching for something I want to read about it, it’s service is not for me
- The amount of sploggers in the feeds seems to have dropped which is a good thing
There are probably other things that could be drawn from the above, and it hardly counts as a comprehensive survey, but it does mean that when I want to search blogs there is only one place to go: Feedster