14:48 Thu 7 Jul 2005

Stupid questions

Filed under: News — 14:48 Thu 7 Jul 05

All over the damn news: “Can you tell us your reaction to today’s events ?”
Like anyone is going to praise it ! What do the journos want ? Someone to start harping on about how much a city depends on transport ? How that Blair brought this on the country ? How house prices which were said to be rising are now falling ? They’ve got a blasted religious someone on right now – how bloody stupid is that as well ? And I wonder how much they paid the “wheel-them-in-experts” ? Whatever it was, it was way too much.

And if Nottingham had been completely blown up ? it would have been a case of a newsflash “Oops.. we seem to be a city down, shame eh ?” and then it would have been back to Fern and Phillip.

1. Brit

Pingback by Nietzscheanization of the Left — 21:43 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 21:43 Thu 7 Jul 05

2. found out that there was a bombing in London. Crud! My prayers are with those who were affected directly. If you’re okay, and there’s “journalists” asking you how you feel about the situation …I hope you just walk away or something. Cuz I agree: Duh! Whaddya think?

Pingback by All Narfed Up — 00:30 Wed 13 Jul 2005 @ 00:30 Wed 13 Jul 05

3. I’m just glad that you and your dear ones are ok.

Comment by Chrys (Thaïs) — 15:10 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 15:10 Thu 7 Jul 05

4. I’m 100 miles north in an insignificant village so I’m quite safe – thank you the concern though !

Comment by Mark — 16:17 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 16:17 Thu 7 Jul 05

5. Hm. I think there is quite an obvious significance with targetting a country’s capital city, so no, it wouldn’t be the same if Nottingham (for eg) were attacked. But I think that when any city comes under major terrorist attacks, it’s always going to be a big deal… Nobody would say “oops, that’s nottingham gone then” any more than they would say “oh look somebody flew planes into buildings in new york”. Obviously the global significance is difference, but I think you’re being just a tad sceptical…

Comment by bri — 17:14 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 17:14 Thu 7 Jul 05

6. Would Toby Blair have left the G8 for a few bombs in nottingham? I’m not sure.

Comment by Jo — 19:13 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 19:13 Thu 7 Jul 05

7. Toby? Stupid fat fingers.

Comment by Jo — 19:14 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 19:14 Thu 7 Jul 05

8. We nearly went to London this morning. Took Sarah’s dad to Heathrow for his flight to St Petersburg and then we considered driving into London for a days retail therapy. We decided in the end to head home and stop at Milton Keynes for the therapy instead. Just think, there are a thousand million alternative universes out there where we did go to London…

Comment by =bmd= — 19:56 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 19:56 Thu 7 Jul 05

9. […] Here are a few snippets of people’s responses to the bombings in London that came through my regular reading channels. But when something is driving enough people into insane belief systems that we see regular explosions in our cities, it would be smart to care—a lot—what that something is. Because, on the evidence, I don’t think the leaders of the Western world have a clue. Tim Bray I’ll never understand what terrorists hope to accomplish by their cowardly acts. History has shown time and time again that terrorism is an ineffective tool for change. Rather than weakening their enemies, the attackers will galvanize their victims and their allies. Dougal Campbell I’m praying for the survivors, the families of those who are lost or are dead, and the sanity of world leaders in this time of crisis, pain and suffering. The lives of those involved will be forever changed, the reconstruction of the damage will take time and of course the nation will be in the defensive mode for a while as well. Pray. Randy Peterman All over the damn news: “Can you tell us your reaction to today’s events ?â€? Like anyone is going to praise it! ‘Mark’ I was in a meeting when the bombs went off – which it now looks like was the cause of the explosions that have been going off around buses and tube stations around the capital. There’s not a lot more that I can say at the moment, except that the timing with the G8 summit and the Olympics yesterday makes it look like a terrorist thing. Tom Coates […]

Pingback by A Gathering Of London Thoughts // Phil ♥ Lyndel — 21:56 Thu 7 Jul 2005 @ 21:56 Thu 7 Jul 05

10. small dent compared to what happens in Iraq. Sorry the people died, but people die every day. it’s just that it happened in London today as opposed to Fallujah.

now we get to see how it feels, don’t we?

i’m just worried about how the American right wing will spin this thing.

Comment by Banana — 04:01 Fri 8 Jul 2005 @ 04:01 Fri 8 Jul 05

11. Banana – totally agree. White christians deserve more Tv coverage, more fuss, more revenge than any other skin colour….complete crap.

Comment by Mark — 08:37 Fri 8 Jul 2005 @ 08:37 Fri 8 Jul 05