I’ve checked a few blogs, and some of you are not running the latest version of WP which is 184.108.40.206
There IS a security issue with previous versions. It has been reported in the forums so there will be people out there trying these exploits. Upgrade your blog!
- Upgrade to 220.127.116.11
- Then delete the following files:install.php, install-helper.php, upgrade.php, upgrade-schema.php
- Install IOError’s Bad Behavior plugin
- And while you are there, make sure your login password is a good one. Make it at least 8 characters and a mix of numbers, lower-case and upper-case letters. If you have other members with admin priviledges, nag them too about this.
- If you are okay doing in phpMyAdmin, you should change your ‘table_prefix’. It’s set in the wp-config file and if you just change it there you will get an error so you need to change all of them in the database.