10:15 Thu 10 Mar 2005

Breakfast

Filed under: Chatter — 10:15 Thu 10 Mar 05

What flavour cake did I just eat for breakfast ?
(This is where you guess … I’m not so far gone yet that I didn’t know ;) )

Update: It was a whole lemon cake. Yes, a WHOLE one.

8 Comments

1. Erm oat cake ?:cute:
    coffee n walnut mmmmmmmmm had that yesterday, got carrot cake for later :cute:

Comment by joss — 11:10 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 11:10 Thu 10 Mar 05

2. banana!

Comment by bri — 12:26 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 12:26 Thu 10 Mar 05

3. Pineapple Upside Down cake?

Ok funny story I have to share about this. My great-grandmother swears that this is mine and my sister’s favorite cake. She makes it every year for our birthday. Neither of us even LIKE pineapple upside down cake much less is it our favorite.

One year I tried to tell her, “Nanny, Steph and I don’t like pineapple upside down cake.” She simply replied.. “Yes you do. It is your favorite.”

Comment by Jennifer — 12:54 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 12:54 Thu 10 Mar 05

4. joss – that’s far too healthy.

bri – close….

Jenn – I once asked by grandmother how hot the oven needed to be for this cake. She said “Hot enough, not too hot”. I asked again, saying that I needed the number on the cooker dial, she replied that you couldn’t trust those things, you had to go by “feel” and that if it was too hot, it would burn. Trying another tack, I asked how long I should cook the cake for. “Until it’s done”. ARGGHHHH !!!!

Comment by Mark — 14:46 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 14:46 Thu 10 Mar 05

5. Grandmothers do NOT use receipes either.

Comment by Jennifer — 15:33 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 15:33 Thu 10 Mar 05

6. Hum you know grand mothers and mothers for that matter never cook/bake by dial temps. Its the craft you know and there’s a lot to be said for it.
    Now if oat cakes are far to healthy, and bri is close, jennifer is erm ? upside down! how about banoffee upside down type cake ?:grin:

Comment by joss — 15:35 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 15:35 Thu 10 Mar 05

7. Ummm.. You eat cake for breakfast? Now that’s not that healthy is it? (Yea, I know , ignorant American :yummy:). Of course I just had a frosted cinnamin roll – now that’s healthy.

Comment by William — 18:51 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 18:51 Thu 10 Mar 05

8. About 10 years ago, I found myself at a party full of people I really didn’t want to socialize with. I sat down in the almost unpopulated kitchen, at the kitchen table opposite a very large man (feeling about as interested in humanity as I at the moment) in front of a very seductive almond torte.

We took turns saying “well there’s no point just letting this sit here” and slivering away at that devilish monstrosity. By the end of the night we did it in, not to mention escaping the occasion of talking to the other guests. We shook hands, disposed of the box, and headed happily for home.

Eat well, Mark.

Comment by pig — 22:34 Thu 10 Mar 2005 @ 22:34 Thu 10 Mar 05

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.