Upgrading to the nightly of 31/8 right now.
Excuse the mess. Unexpected funkiness is occuring, and having a server that doesn’t respond to ANYTHING for 50 seconds out of each minute is just adding to this.
- BACKUP and then check that you really do have everything copied to your machine.
- Take your time. My ftp has been open for just over 105 minutes – though it has been as slow as treacle in a freezer.
- There are currently 3 files that control display – index.php, wp-header.php, wp-footer.php. Header is self-explanatory, but the footer file also controls the menu. Apart from necessary bits at the start and end of each file, they look no different to the 1.2 parts of index.php, but it’s a wee bit confusing.
Still my plugins might work, changing the backend looks was also easy enough, so I think it’s all good …… until 1.3 final comes out and I do this all again :)
– sortable archives broken*
– category views broken
– archives broken
– simple stats plugin broken*
– DelyMyth’s stats broken*
so menu altered to prevent display.
RE-EDIT: Rolling back —– Completed.