17:09 Mon 23 Aug 2004

WHOIS

Filed under: Vociferate — 17:09 Mon 23 Aug 04

I’m not linking it, but the idiot there has copied a post from my blog. Unfortunately, the WHOIS information is protected as far as I know, but if anyone out there can establish a mailing address for that page’s owner, I would be very grateful indeed.

I’m pissed off enough today without someone else stealing stuff from here.

And in case the fuckwit says it’s the other way around, my post was written – 2004-08-22 9:36:17 pm

7 Comments

1. It looks to me like it’s another one of those ‘copycat types` who is using other’s to test their site.

There is nothing on their site. I imagine they came to yours, [being the guru you are Mark – attracts people like this] and for some reason they copied a post from your site.

This does not explain their actions but who can ever explain the actions of the insane…

We should feel sorry for them.

Comment by Shadow — 17:42 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 17:42 Mon 23 Aug 04

2. I want his email address.

I have thousands of, ahem, ‘unwanted mails’ in a dump account that need responding to, and they do prefer a valid email address.

Comment by Mark — 17:48 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 17:48 Mon 23 Aug 04

3. Hi Mark!

I am the idiot who copied your post to test my installation of wordpress.

The page’s been removed, you might feel betternow.

Ididn’t expect such a reaction from you. Neither would have I expected you to find this!!!

Is it so easy to get any content published via WP?? Does it have anything to do with the automatic post to Ping-o-matic when an “article” is published?

Anyway, I apologize for this stupid behaviour.

Comment by michael atlan — 19:37 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 19:37 Mon 23 Aug 04

4. When you publish anything in WordPress my friend it is like letting a piece of paper go in a hundred mile an hour gale. Search engines, pings, trackers and all kinds will report the content in minutes. A lesson learned and I hope no lasting harm done.

Comment by Root — 20:32 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 20:32 Mon 23 Aug 04

5. Apology accepted – and thank you visiting to say so.

Like Root says, WP gets everywhere :)

Comment by Mark — 20:37 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 20:37 Mon 23 Aug 04

6. Yes good on ya for coming back. But hey Mark – “fuckwit”?? That made me fall off the chair. I’ll have to remember that one.

Comment by Stuart — 20:44 Mon 23 Aug 2004 @ 20:44 Mon 23 Aug 04

7. It does have to do with the automatic pinging. That’s how wordlog gets to keep up to date with what’s happening in the wordpress world. :)

Comment by Carthik — 01:51 Tue 24 Aug 2004 @ 01:51 Tue 24 Aug 04

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.